I worried for a long time through many sleepless nights. At this time I have had 4 rounds of chemotherapy using
Andria Myacin and Cytoxin. But I could still feel the lump. It hadn't gotten any smaller and it was a concern
When I went to the doctor the day before Thanksgiving, I consulted with the doctor and he confirmed that the chemotherapy
had not shrunk the tumor as they would have liked.
When I asked why this was, he told me that I fell into the 35% category in which the cancer was chemo-resistant.
This sent chills to my very core. For once I was terrified. He consulted with me and told me what my options
were at this time. I could have a complete masectomy or a lumpectomy.
When I asked him what the chances were of the cancer coming back with a mastectomy, he said it was 3%. But he also
informed me that it was much worse for me if it did, because there was nothing more to remove.
He said that with a lumpectomy, I could still have a mastectomy if the cancer came back. It was only 10% chance
of the cancer returning with a lumpectomy.
I had the long weekend to think about my choice. I had to let them know that following Monday what choice I would
It was not easy. My mother was reluctant to give my any advice for fear of giving me the wrong advice.
I prayed the entire weekend. I asked the Lord just to help me make the right choice.
I was truly terrified. I didn't think I could possibly make a decision. I mean we were talking life
or death here. If I made the wrong choice, it could possibly take my life later on.
Well after hours of praying and thinking, I finally made my decision and I had to trust the Lord that I was making the
right decision. I opted for a lumpectomy.